May 2017

Release preparations have been going on. The first release candidate for 11.0 probably isn’t far away. There are two blocker bugs open, and neither seems particularly tricky to resolve.

The topic of translation workflow came up. A long time ago we used Transifex, but since it stopped providing good author information in the translation patches, we stopped using it, and since then we haven’t used any translation platform. Translation updates have been submitted as regular patches or plain .po files via the bug tracker or mailing list. There hasn’t been a lot of complaining about this, but translators would probably prefer to use a web platform. I looked into Zanata and Weblate, and Weblate seems like it meets our demands about crediting the translation authors properly, so hopefully we’ll try that out soon.

I fixed a bug in the new default device handling code I made earlier. The default device was not always updated properly when something was plugged in our out.

I started working on fixing the Intel LPE HDMI issues. I made a patch that should prevent PulseAudio from thinking that the HDMI device is an analog output, and fixing jack detection is in progress.

I started updating the alsa recipes in OpenEmbedded. That’s mostly finished, just build testing remains to be done.

This post was originally written on 2017-06-06, and first made available to my Patreon supporters. Speaking of Patreon – I’m using crowdfunding in an attempt to make it financially sustainable to continue my volunteer work as a PulseAudio maintainer. If you’d like to help, check out my Patreon page.